I've been tagged by Nicole!
Here are the Rules:
1. Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves
2. People who are tagged write a blog post about their own 8 random things and post these rules
3. At the end of your blog you need to tag 8 people and post their names
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
8 Random Things about Me!
1. I'm a Gemini and get easily bored so that leads me to #2.
2. I a total Martha Stewart. I love to cook, garden, decorate, sew, crochet and knit. You name a craft or hobby and I've probably tried it at least once.
3. I have more compassion for animals than I do humans.
4. I'm a total food addict. I love most all foods and I often dream about food!
5. I love to laugh and hate to be in a bad mood.
6. I can be totally girly one minute and the next I could be wrestling with my boys.
7. I often think I can do anything to find out that I'm not quite as talented as I thought I was.
8. I'm mechanically and writing challenged!!
Who am I going to tag???? I have no freakin idea, Nicole tagged most of my online bloggers already. I will have to revisit this one.
Monday, May 07, 2007
I haven't got much sewing done the last couple of days. I have a dress in progress but the good weather and baseball season has kept me from working on it. So here's a picture of an outfit I made my girlfriend's daughter a couple weeks ago. I made it using Amy Butler's Lotus line and I didn't use a pattern for the skirt but really it's not like it's hard to make a skirt without a pattern for a little girl. What makes it hard is not having the girl to measure. So in the end it fit her sister better. I just appliqued embroidered on a plain white t-shirt to go with the skirt, using a embroidery design from Farbenmix.
Sunday, May 06, 2007
Well I usually post pictures of my projects but these boys of mine are my proudest work!! They are the joy of my life and at times the biggest headache of my life!! I've been a lazy mom and just started giving Callin solids at 7 months and even though he acts like he is so interested in what we are eating he's not too keen on actually eating it himself. He does dig fries and bread at restaurants though!! It's crazy, Callin is my 4th child and you would think I would know everything about raising kids. But I find myself wondering (or should I say reasurring myself) if it's perfectly fine for a baby to live off of breastmilk for the first year. I have problems remembering exactly what I did for Cade but I do remember making all of Cades baby food. I also remember giving Cade table foods and not being very careful about introducing foods one at a time. Even though none of us have any food allergies I worry about doing that with Callin because he seems to always have some sort of rash going on. I guess for now I will just keep on giving him foods hoping that one day he will actually try it:)
Saturday, May 05, 2007
My blog has been neglected the last month or so. So today is a new day and I'm getting back in the groove of posting or least I'm hoping too!! So from now I hope to post at least once a week. Now that goal isn't going to be easy with summer coming and the fact that I will be going back to school part time on Monday. Which I'm dreading by the way but with only 6 more classes to go I have to get it done!
I've made a couple things the last month besides my store orders. I made this bag last night with some of the new Michael Miller prints and May Arts ribbon. The next bag I want to make wider and put the eyelets a little farther over. I also plan on adding a small embellishment to the front of the bag to hide the seam of the ribbon. Of course I couldn't just finish off the bag but I had to set aside so I could start making a dress. So the bag goes in the unfinished pile along with a couple dozen other things ... well that's a slight exageration. Now, if I only had enough time to do all the projects that float in my brain. It was a week of thoughts and anticipation before I was actually able to work on the bag. Now, I have all these creative ideas for girl outfits and not enough time to make them reality. Well I do have the dress started and hopefully tomorrow I can make some more progress on them.