Tuesday, January 02, 2007

It doesn’t take me long at all to make the tops of these quilts but what takes my time is machine quilting and hand sewing the binding on. It took me at least a month to handsew the binding on this quilt, mainly because I was just too busy doing other projects. The actual time it takes to handsew the binding on isn’t that long. Anyhow this quilt was made using a fat quarter bundle of Amy Butler Belle collection bought from Fat Quarter Shop. I made up my own quilt pattern but it’s very simple. I took all the big prints and cut them into 5 inch squares and took the smaller prints and made either a 4 patch block or took 2 squares and a rectangle to make a block.

I have 2 other quilt tops sitting in my fabric stash to be finished but they may have to wait a little longer. I'm busy right now making baby bibs. I have a stack of 15 that I'm working on. I plan on adding them to my website so I made a bunch up out of different material. Hopefully I will have them up on Cocoa Dreams by the end of the week.

No comments: